Litigation & Arrears Specialist
KSEYE Group is an established property finance company specialising within the bridging and short-term lending markets. The company is experiencing continued growth and is now keen to welcome a Servicing & Collections & Recovery Specialist to join the in-house legal team. The team are seeking an individual with 2+ years’ experience to join our evolving Loan Servicing Department as a Litigation & Arrears Specialist.
- Working a cohort of accounts that cover Bridging, Hybrid BTL and Buy-to-Let.
- Monitor arrears cases and escalate any cases in respect of potential impairments to the Team Leader and Legal Director in a prompt and effective manner.
- Proactively review arrears cases and feedback findings and trends to the wider teams, making recommendations where appropriate.
- Delivering a high standard of proactive risk-based collections activity to mitigate exposure to loss whilst maintaining positive relationships with both clients and intermediaries
- Providing knowledge and support to borrowers in a debt position, ensuring that collections processes are adhered to and that we take all possible steps to manage arrears early.
- Proactively contact borrowers when they’ve fallen behind, arranging payment and bringing their account up to date.
- Dealing with requests for loan term extensions, variations and consents, as well as other routine servicing matters.
- Managing the arrears and litigation function within the collections department, delivering solutions to borrowers experiencing payment difficulty
- Identify borrowers who are in difficult financial circumstances and provide support and signposting to help them manage their loan.
- Responsible for identifying borrower’s needs in relation to forbearance, establishing their ability to repay and report and escalate any borrower considered vulnerable.
- Overseeing a compliant and robust litigation process, liaising with external solicitors and receivers.
- Developing strategy for dealing with delinquent loans according to best practice techniques and changes to the regulatory environment
- Assessing and actioning arrears referrals.
- Monitor arrears and escalate any cases in respect of potential provisions to the Team Leader in a prompt and effective manner.
- Drafting letters to solicitors or customers in relation to legal issues for senior / manager approval.
- Making decisions on the progression of litigation, particularly standard cases, in accordance with documented procedures.
Education & Experience
- Ideally, 2+ years’ experience within the mortgage/unsecured lending industry, ideally within a Servicing, Collections or Asset Recovery role
- Strong numerical skills and the ability to identify errors before any borrower impact occurs
- Competent using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel to build reports and carry out analysis
- Previous experience using Direct Debit management software would be a plus
- Knowledge of compliance procedures within financial services
- Proactive, hardworking and able to take a pragmatic approach to lending
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Private Medical Insurance [Vitality]
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Monthly team socials
- Summer & Winter Company socials
- Hybrid working
- Fundraising events
KSEYE Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.